Happy April Fools. Did we get you?
MOB Kitchen haven’t really bottled their pasta water to sell on Ocado.com but you can still say ‘pasta la vista’ to unflavoured pasta dishes by using your own pasta water, for free!
It’s a great ingredient that often gets wasted (and we hate wasting flavour). Three ways to use pasta water:
- Thicken sauces
- Enhance flavour
- Gives pasta a creamier coat
It’s a great way to add flavour to lots of recipes like this extremely tasty spaghetti recipe from MOB Kitchen. Enjoy!
MOB Kitchen’s Caramelised onion, anchovy and olive spaghetti
Serves 4 Total Time 45 mins
- 1 large glug of olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 small tin of anchovies
- 200ml pasta water (your own!)
- 60g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 handful of kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- Heat a good glug of olive oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and cook for 30 mins until totally soft and caramelised. Deglaze with water occasionally if they look like they’re sticking.
- Meanwhile, get a large pot of water to boil. Season generously with salt. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, (don’t drain your pasta water away!).
- Add the garlic and anchovies to the onions and cook for 2 mins until the anchovies have broken down and the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the pasta water, then lift the spaghetti from its pot with tongs and place into the pan. Grate in the parmesan and mix until you have a smooth sauce that coats each length of pasta.
- Add the olives and parsley, then season generously with pepper and a little salt. Serve with a little more parsley, and enjoy.
Check out some more of our other favourite pasta water recipes below:
MOB’s Creamy Baked Feta Pasta
Creamy? Check. Easy? Yep. Delicious? Guaranteed. This recipe is the perfect way to get on board with the baked feta trend.
Get the recipe >
PASTA ALLA NORMA
A simple, but delicious Italian tomato pasta recipe that is a guaranteed family favourite.
Get the recipe >
You can find more of MOB Kitchen’s delicious recipes in our MOB Kitchen recipe collection here.