Kale Pesto and Salmon Spelt Pasta
Ever wanted to have a go at making your own pesto? Give this salmon pasta dish a whirl.
Serves 4 Total Time 15 mins
- 400g spelt pasta
- 100g shredded curly kale, with large stalks removed
- 80g walnut pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 x 170g packs poached salmon fillets
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta as instructed on the pack. Put the kale, walnuts, garlic, green chilli and olive oil in a food processor.
- Finely grate the lemon zest and reserve, then add the juice to the processor and whizz everything together to make a pesto. Add a large pinch of salt, whizz again and taste to check the seasoning, adjusting to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a small cupful of the pasta cooking water and return to the pan over a low heat. Stir in the pesto, with as much water as is needed to loosen, and flake in the poached salmon.
- Divide between bowls and top with the reserved lemon zest and a good grind of black pepper.