MOB’s creamy baked feta pasta
No wonder the baked feta pasta trend has gone viral. Creamy, easy to make and with absolutely zero chopping needed, it’s a dish we just can’t fault. Now, our friends over at MOB have created their own version of this morish meal, made with orzo and black garlic for an extra kick. Give this recipe a go and we guarantee you’ll want to make it again.
Serves 4 Total Time 50 mins
- 650g Ocado Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 1 block feta
- 3 tsp black garlic paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400g orzo
- Small handful of basil leaves
- Small handful of pine nuts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Drop your cherry tomatoes into a large baking tray so they’re all lying flat, then pop your block of feta on top. In a bowl, combine 3 tbsp olive oil, black garlic paste, oregano, chilli flakes, red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Pour your olive oil sauce over the feta and tomatoes and bake in the oven for 30 mins. Once the time is up, turn up the heat to 200°C to char the tomatoes for 15 mins. Then cook your orzo for 6 mins in boiling water.
- Mash up the tomatoes and feta with a fork to form a creamy sauce. Pour on your cooked orzo and mix well. Add some pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed – this usually depends on how juicy your tomatoes were.
- Tear your basil leaves and sprinkle on your pine nuts et voila; dinner is served.
For another mouth-watering MOB recipes, check out their sticky Chinese pork belly.