Sultana and Ginger Cheesecake
You can’t go wrong with cheesecake. Try this recipe with sultanas and fiery ginger.
Serves 6 Total Time 55 mins
- 75g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 30g Whitworths Crystallised Fiery Ginger, chopped
- 175g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g caster sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 350g cottage cheese
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml soured cream
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC/Gas 4.
- Mix the crushed digestives, 25g sugar and the melted butter together then press into an 18cm cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 10 mins then set aside to cool in the tin.
- Place the cottage cheese and when softened, add the eggs, soured cream and remaining sugar into a bowl then beat together until smooth.
- Fold in the sultanas and chopped ginger then pour over the biscuit base.
- Bake for a further 30–35 mins.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin to serve.
To create an enviable dinner table spread, take a look at our Christmas dinner recipes.