Carbonara with Quorn Smoky Vegan Ham
A plant-based version of the traditional carbonara. Try it. We think you’ll love it!
Serves 2-4 Total Time 20 mins
- 100g Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 400ml soy milk
- Salt and pepper
- 5g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 300g spaghetti
- Extra flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Start with heating the olive oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat and add the shallot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Follow with the plain flour, stir well to coat and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the soy milk to the pan whisking to avoid lumps. Bring to the boil and reduce to sauce consistency. Lower the heat and add the Quorn Smoky Vegan Ham, stirring gently to warm through.
- Set to one side, season to taste with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley.
Recipe developed by: Veganuary