Smoky chilli non-carne
Smoky, hearty and wonderfully tasty; this ‘chilli non carne’ from Meatless Farm hits the (vegan) spot.
Serves 4 Total Time 50 mins
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp smoky chipotle paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 200g button mushrooms, diced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans tinned tomatoes
- Fresh coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Dollop of coconut yoghurt
- 1 avocado
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Combine and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the diced mushrooms and pepper, along with chipotle paste, paprika, chilli powder, tomato purée and ground cumin. Mix together and cook for a few minutes.
- Next, add the mince, red kidney beans, black beans, tinned tomatoes and a can of water.
- Combine, season with salt and let simmer on a medium heat for about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with rice, and top with coconut yoghurt, fresh coriander, avocado and lime wedges.
Shop ‘The Meatless Farm Co.’ range here