Vegan cottage pie
Try this vegan cottage pie for a great dose of veg and flavour, and without any meat in sight.
Serves 8 Total Time 1hr 15 mins
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 200g frozen corn
- 200g frozen diced carrots
- 200g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp flour
- 950ml vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup vegan cream
- 2 tbsp onion garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 stick vegan butter
- In a large pot, boil some water and add the potatoes. Boil until soft.
- Drain the potatoes, mash with a masher and add the softened butter, soured cream, salt, pepper, onion garlic salt and vegan cheese. Set aside.
- In a wok, add a splash of oil and then sauté the onions on a medium to high heat until they become translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes. Then add the Meatless Farm Meat-Free Mince and sauté for another 3–5 minutes.
- Add the peas, carrots and corn and continue mixing. Add the tomato paste, flour and stock and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Take a large pie dish and add the mince mixture, then flatten. Spoon the mashed potatoes over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 45–50 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and finish off under the grill for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Shop ‘The Meatless Farm Co.’ range here