Turkey Croque Madame
If you’re looking for a brilliant Boxing Day brunch idea that also uses up leftovers, go with this Turkey Croque Madame recipe.
Serves 4 Total Time 40 mins
- 40g unsalted butter
- 40g plain flour
- 400ml milk
- 150g cranberry Wensleydale cheese
- 8 slices of bread
- Kelly Bronze hot cranberry jelly
- 150g Gruyère cheese
- 500g leftover Kelly Bronze turkey
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- In a saucepan on a low heat, add the butter and the thyme leaves.
- Melt the butter until foamy but not coloured. Then stir in the flour.
- Pour in the milk gradually, mixing as you stir to avoid lumps. Increase the heat and leave to simmer for a few mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cranberry Wensleydale cheese until melted.
- Place the slices of bread on a roasting tray and coat them with the hot cranberry jelly, add the béchamel sauce and grate over the Gruyère.
- Add the slices of turkey and sandwich with the remaining slices of bread.
- Spread the tops of the bread with the remaining sauce and grate over the rest of the Gruyère cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts and the bread turns golden brown.