Chocolate Avocado Cream Pie
Made from all-natural ingredients like avocados, cashews, walnuts, dates and cacao – this double chocolate pie is quick and easy to make. It doesn’t even need baking!
For the cream filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the brownie crust:
- 2 cups walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
Instructions for the brownie crust
1. Soak cashews for at least 30 mins.
2. Add walnuts to a food processor and process until the big chunks are gone.
3.Add in the rest of the brownie crust ingredients and process until it becomes one big ball of dough.
4.Pat the crust down with your hands or a spoon into a 9in glass pie dish.
Instructions for the cream filling
1. Drain and rinse cashews.
2. If you have a Vitamix add all the ingredients together and blend until smooth.
3. If you have a regular blender or food processor, blend the cashews separately, adding a little bit of milk at a time until you have a smooth cashew cream.
4. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Freeze for 1 hour.
6. Refrigerate for the remainder of the pie’s life.
Recipe developed by: Amanda Nicole Smith