Makes 8-10 pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 10 mins. This will make a tasty buttermilk substitute!
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients. When ready, add the almond milk mixture, your extracts, and the canola oil. Mix with a wooden spoon until the clumps are mostly dissolved.
- Warm a non-stick griddle over medium heat (at 350 degrees if you’re able to set it). Add dollops of dough at about 1/3 of a cup each to the griddle and cook for 3-4 mins on each side.
Recipe developed by: All About Vegan