Cashew and Chocolate Wholemeal Cookies
These cookies use vegan alternatives like maple syrup and cashew butter.
Serves 12 Total Time 40 mins
- 100g cashew butter
- 100g ground almonds
- 50ml maple syrup
- 40g coconut sugar
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 60g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/170ºC fan/Gas Mark 5 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Put all the ingredients (leaving out the chocolate) in a bowl and mix, then knead the dough for a few mins so it sticks together. The dough should be a little sticky to touch and textured, but not really wet. If your dough is a little dry, add an extra tablespoon of cashew butter.
- Space out heaped tablespoons of dough on the tray. Press down with your hands to make cookie shapes. If they crack a little when shaping, squidge the dough back together – no need to be gentle.
- Bake for 10–15 mins until golden and smelling biscuity. Leave to cool on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the cooled biscuits. Leave to set and enjoy!