New tier restrictions: your questions answered
Following the December Government briefing, regarding tier changes, we updated our service to increase safety for our customers and staff. So you know what’s what, we’ve answered some of your most-asked questions below.
How are you keeping customers and colleagues safe from Coronavirus?
The health and safety of our colleagues, their families and our customers is our utmost priority.
- We’ve put in place additional and stricter health and hygiene measures in our warehouses and for our drivers on the road.
- Our frontline colleagues have temperature checks on arrival at our warehouses. They’re also offered weekly tests so we can continue to safely provide a vital service to as many customers as possible.
- We’re still not accepting any returns from a previous order and will only take back products from your existing order that haven’t been touched after the driver has put your shopping (let your driver know you want to do this before picking up your shopping).
- As an extra precaution, from Monday 21st December, our drivers will wear face coverings for all deliveries.
- When returning carrier bags, we require customers to leave their bagful of bags on their doorstep. Our drivers will then wrap that up in their own outer liner for extra protection.
Do you plan to take back carrier bags again for recycling
Yes. We’ll collect your carrier bags again from 8th March. Please make sure your bags are counted and packed into a single bag for collection – our drivers can only collect one filled bag per delivery and refund a maximum of 99 Ocado bags at a time. To stay COVID-secure, please leave your bagful of bags on your doorstep and our drivers will pick it up using an outer liner.
If you’re running low on carrier bag space, you could try making bag samosas.
Will I be charged for the carrier bags that you don’t collect?
We will charge 5p per bag per order, and refund the same cost up to a maximum of 99 Ocado bags returned at a time.
For lots more information about our coronavirus (COVID-19) policies, take a look at our FAQs.
Can I still return substitutions?
Yes, you can still return substitutions at the door – there’s only one main difference right now. Your driver will first ask if you’re happy with your substitutions and, if not, will take back the item or items before you pick up the shopping. Unfortunately, they can’t take back substitutions if you’ve already touched your shopping.
After your shopping has been delivered, you can request a refund on any substitutes you do not want in the My Orders section of the website. Simply select Incorrect Substitution as your reason and we’ll refund in full.
Can drivers bring shopping inside my home?
Not at the moment. When delivering groceries, our drivers will knock on your door or ring the doorbell. You’ll be greeted as normal, but our drivers will place the bags containing your groceries onto your doorstep (rather than bring them inside). If you live in a flat, please note that we’ll still try to deliver outside the front door of your flat but our drivers may call you to ask if they can drop off your shopping outside of your building instead.