Sweet Freedom’s Dark Chocolate Apricot and Almond Cookies
These nutty cookies with dark chocolate will have you making batch after batch (after batch).
Serves 16 Total Time 40 mins
- 100g gluten free rolled oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 90g Sweet Freedom fruit syrup
- 75g virgin coconut oil
- 50g almonds, roughly chopped (or flaked almonds)
- 75g dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa plus) broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 170°C /Gas Mark 3 and line two large baking sheets with non-stick parchment.
- Mix together the oats, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Then, mix in the almond extract, fruit syrup and coconut oil until it forms a soft dough. Next stir through the almonds, apricots and chocolate.
- Place small balls of the mixture onto baking trays, ending up with 16 cookies in total. Allow plenty of space between each cookie as they will spread out as they cook.
- Flatten the cookies and then bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack.
Top Tip: Bear in mind that most dark chocolate does have a small amount of sugar in it and please check the ingredients if you are looking for dairy free or vegan.
Check out Sweet Freedom’s full range here