Cadbury Mini Egg Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe
Deliciously smooth with a crumbly biscuit base, the humble cheesecake has earned its place as one of the nation’s favourite desserts. And now, with this crunchy Mini Egg twist, you can make it an Easter staple for years to come.
Serves 10 Total Time 25 mins, plus overnight chill time
- 300g Philadelphia light cream cheese
- 150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 100ml double cream
- 80g Mini Eggs
- 100g ginger nut biscuits, for the base
- 25g melted butter, for the base
- Line the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed or springform tin with baking parchment.
- Crush the ginger nuts with a rolling pin and stir in the melted butter. Press down into the base of the lined tin and level the top. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a bowl, beat the light soft cheese with the yoghurt, sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the cream with a hand-held electric whisk until it stands in stiff peaks.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the hot water and stir well. Leave for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally until completely dissolved and clear.
- Stir into the soft cheese mixture and then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the Mini Eggs in a sealable plastic bag and smash them roughly with a rolling pin or meat mallet into medium and small pieces.
- Arrange most of the crushed Mini Eggs over the biscuit base and pour the cheesecake mixture over the top.
- Chill in the fridge overnight until set. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed Mini Eggs and serve cut into slices.