Tomato Snail Wraps
Try this clever recipe from Annabel Karmel and make meal-time a bit more fun for slow-eating kids.
Serves 8 Total Time 25 mins
- 2 slices of white bread
- 40g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2–3 tbsp sweetcorn, cooked
- Cocktail sticks (with sharp ends removed)
- Place the bread on a chopping board. Remove the crust and cover with cling film. Roll out with a rolling pin until you have a thin thickness.
- Mix together the cheese, mayonnaise, onion and chopped tomato and spread the filling equally across the bread slices.
- Roll up tightly to make a spiral effect. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- Slice each roll into four pieces.
- Attach a cherry tomato to each wrap with a cocktail stick to make the snails heads.
- Put sweetcorn onto the ends of two cocktail sticks for the eyes, and attach to the tomatoes.
Want more from Annabel Karmel? View the whole range on our site.