The ultimate meat-free burger
A meat-free burger with fluffy brioche buns, crispy onions and vegan cheese. Try not to drool over this recipe.
Serves 2 Total Time 20 mins
- 4 Meatless Farm Meat-Free Burgers
- 2 brioche burger buns
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 slices of your favourite vegan cheese
- 2 large gherkins, sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp crispy onions
- Handful of shredded beetroot
- Handful of mixed lettuce leaves
- Lashings of tomato ketchup, mustard and burger sauce
- Remove the burgers from their packaging. Season both sides with salt and pepper (if you like it hot, you can always try a spice-rub).
- Heat a few tbsp oil in a non-stick pan on a medium heat. Add the burgers and cook for 6–7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In the final minutes of cooking, add your slices of cheese to the burgers and let them melt.
- Meanwhile, cut the brioche buns in half and lightly toast them on either side.
- Time to build your burger. Take the bottom bun and smother with a generous helping of burger sauce, then top with the lettuce leaves and a few rings of red onion.
- Place both burgers on top of the red onion. Cover with tomato ketchup, mustard, grated beetroot and sliced gherkin.
- Finally, cover the underside of your top bun with burger sauce and add to the top.
Shop ‘The Meatless Farm Co.’ range here