Stuffed Pitta Pockets
This recipe from Annabel Karmel suggests a tuna mayo filling, but you can go with whatever you prefer; like houmous and falafel. Go nuts.
Serves 8 Total Time 45 mins
- 2 eggs
- 200 g tuna, canned in oil
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Few drops of tabasco sauce
- Salad cress (optional)
- 2 pitta breads
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 7–8 minutes (the yolk should be solid).
- Drain and cool under cold water and peel the eggs when cold.
- Meanwhile, strain the oil from the tuna and mix together with the sweetcorn, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, spring onion, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs and add to the tuna mix with the salad cress (if using), stirring well.
- Cut the pitta breads in half to get 4 pitta pockets, and divide the mixture between them.
Want more from Annabel Karmel? View the whole range on our site.