Roasted garlic, tomato and meat-less mince pasta
This recipe for a plant-based spag bol is made with roasted garlic and balsamic vinegar. Expect a flavour-feast.
Serves 4-6 Total Time 1hr 10 mins
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 250g long pasta (spaghetti or linguine)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- A little oil
- 2 small red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small aubergine, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs and nutritional yeast
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a lined baking tray and roast them at low heat (120°C-150°C) for 45-60 minutes.
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb to expose the cloves, drizzle a little oil over the top and then roast the garlic in the oven at 200°C for 15–20 minutes, or until soft.
- In the meantime, cook the chopped red onions in a little oil until translucent. Then, deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar and add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Refill the tin with water and pour it into the mix. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, then transfer to a blender alongside the roasted garlic cloves and blend.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the aubergine cubes in a pan until softened, then add in the Meatless Farm Meat-Free Mince and cook for 5–10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve the pasta topped with the sauce, fresh herbs and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Shop ‘The Meatless Farm Co.’ range here