Bread, tomatoes, basil and olive oil… Is anyone else salivating right now? Try this recipe for a speedy dinner packed with flavour. Courtesy of Annabel Karmel. Kids will love it.
Serves 2 Total Time 20mins
- 2 slices of bread, sliced into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 150g yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, diced
- 30g parmesan, grated
- Handful of basil leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/Gas Mark 5. Put the bread and oil into a roasting tin and season.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until golden and crisp. Leave to cool, then place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and season. Mix the dressing together and pour over the salad.
- Toss together, then leave for 15 minutes. Top with basil leaves and the grated parmesan before serving.
Want more from Annabel Karmel? View the whole range on our site.