Brought to you by @freshandlazy
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white, cider, or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp white pepper or ground mustard
- 1 cup rice
- spring/green onions
- sesame seeds
- Place diced chicken breasts in a small bowl and toss with cornstarch (this gives the chicken that crunchy texture and it will thicken the sauce later). Heat olive oil in a large wok and fry chicken for 5–6 mins until it’s brown and almost completely cooked through. Remove and rest on a plate.
- In the same wok, add the garlic and cook for 20–30 seconds until it’s fragrant. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer for 5–10 mins until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken to the wok, coat with the sauce, and cook for 2–3 more mins until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve on top of rice or noodles, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if you have them.