Ocado Vehicle Biscuits
Make your own Ocado vehicle biscuits with this simple recipe, and download your Ocado vehicle stencils to help shape your biscuits, by clicking the button below. They include a classic van, boat, tractor and skidoo – just like in our new TV advert.
When you’ve made your biscuits, don’t forget to tag us @Ocadouk on social media using #ocadojustforme– we’d love to see your creations.
Makes 12 biscuits Total Time 50 mins
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 bottle food colouring (we used Dr. Oetker)
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar together. Add the egg a little at a time, mixing well between each addition. Then add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to the bowl. Mix everything until it has formed a soft dough. Then allow the dough to chill until firm, for about 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Meanwhile, cut out your Ocado vehicle stencils. Then, on a well-floured surface, roll the dough out thinly. Place your cut-out stencils on top and cut around them.
- Place the biscuit shapes on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 10-12 mins, until crisp.
- Allow the biscuits to cool completely on a wire rack before decorating. To decorate, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and mix together with 2-3 tbsp water (enough to create a smooth consistency). Stir in the purple food colouring and carefully spread the icing mixture onto each biscuit. Once the purple icing has dried, make a small amount of white icing and use a piping bag to add Ocado logo swirls.
Fancy some more family fun? Check out our Ocado-inspired activity pack created just for you and your little ones to enjoy!