Munching Mummy Bites
These terrifyingly cute mummy bites are perfect for uncovering your silly side at Halloween.
Serves 7 Total Time 1hr
- 200g BerryWorld raspberries (or other berries of choice)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 320g pack of ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 3 tbsp milk for brushing
- White and black icing pens
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and get the pastry out of the fridge.
- Place the raspberries (or other berries) into a pan and crush them slightly to break them down.
- Stir in the sugar and lemon juice and place the pan over a medium heat. When the mixture starts to bubble reduce the heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes until it thickens slightly. Set the jam aside to cool whilst you prepare the pastry.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 12 equal rectangles.
- Spoon the jam onto 7 of the pastry rectangles making sure you leave space round the edge.
- Cut the remaining 5 pastry rectangles into thin strips and divide them between your bakes, adding them so they look like mummies. Press the strips down at the sides and brush the pastry with milk.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Once cooked, allow to cool then add two white and black blobs for eyes.