Packed with yummy veg, this recipe from Annabel Karmel makes marvellous muffins that even the youngest of eaters will love.
Serves 8 Total Time 45 mins
- 6 small new potatoes, diced
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 50g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. Then drain, cool and dice.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Add the diced potatoes, red pepper, peas, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and basil. Mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 muffin holes. Bake for around 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and set in the middle.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from the muffin trays. Then pack them into their lunchboxes (that goes for grown-ups too!)
Want more from Annabel Karmel? View the whole range on our site.