Beef, black bean and cashew pappardelle Recipe
MOB Kitchen has collaborated with Rising Stars winner Chika’s to create a beef and black bean pappardelle that gets extra punch from Chika’s Sea Salt & Black Pepper Cashews. You can find more of MOB Kitchen’s recipes produced exclusively for Ocado here.
Serves 4 Total Time 40 mins
- 300g beef sirloin steak
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, 1 grated, 3 minced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 500g pappardelle
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 large glugs of oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4cm knob of ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g Tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- 75g Chika’s Sea Salt & Black Pepper Cashews
- Marinate the steak in 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 clove grated garlic, and 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and allow to marinate until you are ready to cook.
- Get the pappardelle cooking in boiling water with the bicarbonate of soda. Meanwhile, mix together the black bean sauce, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 200ml water.
- Add a large glug of cold oil to a hot wok and fry the beef for 2–3 minutes until golden on the outside but still pink on the inside. Remove and set aside.
- Add another glug of oil and fry the spring onion whites until charred for 3 minutes. Then add in the ginger, garlic, red chilli and onion and cook for 4 minutes until darkened. Then toss in the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring it to a bubble. Add in the cooked pappardelle and toss together until the pasta is well-coated and glossy.
- Finally, add in the beef, black pepper cashews, and spring onion greens. Toss it all together and serve.