All-In-One Midweek Roast Chicken Traybake
Simple, versatile and delicious. (Plus, there’s very little clearing up to do after.) Use the leftovers in your lunches for the week.
Serves 4 Total Time 1hr 30 mins.
- 1 medium Oakham chicken
- 4 large Maris Piper potatoes, cut into 3 pieces
- 3 brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 pack of tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 head of garlic, broken into individual cloves
- 1 handful frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C/gas 5.
- In a lipped baking tray, place the chicken, potatoes, onions and garlic cloves. Sprinkle on a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add 400ml of water to the tray and place into the oven for 1 hour. During the cooking process, use the natural chicken stock to baste the chicken and move the vegetables around so they gain an even colour.
- After one hour, remove the chicken from the tray and leave to rest, add the tomatoes to the tray and return to the oven for 15 mins, or until the tomatoes are blistered and the stock reduced to a syrupy chicken sauce. Lightly crush a few garlic cloves to add flavour.
- Add the peas to the hot sauce and veg for the final 2 mins to cook through.
- Carve the chicken and add back to the traybake and serve.