(Big) kids of all ages love making their own pizza. Pile toppings high on top of a yummy doughy base.
Serves 4 Total Time 1hr 30 mins.
- 7g dried yeast
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800g 00 super-fine flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 230g mattarello tomato and mascarpone sauce
- 250g grated mozzarella
- 150g mini mozzarella balls
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9. Put the yeast and olive oil into a jug with 500ml warm water and leave for 3 mins to wake the yeast up.
- Get children to weigh out the flour and tip it into a big bowl with the salt and sugar. Ask them to make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, they can gently mix until it starts to come together. Then tip it out onto a floured surface and get them to work the dough, pulling and squashing until it’s nice and smooth for about 5-8 mins. It can get quite tough, so little ones may need a hand.
- Oil a large bowl and pop the dough in, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for at least 1 hr to rise.
- Once risen, tip the dough onto a floured surface and get them to work it a little more, as before. Cut the dough into four even pieces and ask the kids to flatten the dough out, using a rolling pin. Aim for circles about 12-14in in diameter.
- Place onto baking trays then get the kids to spoon over the sauce, leaving a 1cm edge.
- Now they can add the cheese and any combination of toppings they like. Place the pizzas into the oven to cook for 10-12 mins, until golden and bubbling.
- Remove and serve immediately with a drizzle of extra virgin oil and fresh basil leaves.