Pork Meatballs with Cauliflower Three Ways
Crispy roasted leaves, spicy steaks and creamy purée – cauliflower is one versatile veg.
Serves 4 • Prep 20 mins • Cook 30 mins
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 70g breadcrumbs
- 80ml whole milk
- 500g pork mince, 8% fat
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10g parsley, chopped
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
- 2 cauliflowers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper (or chilli flakes)
- 50g butter
- 500ml whole milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 300g green beans
- Olive oil
- Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl with the milk and let it absorb the milk for a min. Add the pork, nutmeg, parsley and plenty of black pepper.
- Use your hands to massage and mix everything together. Divide the mix and roll into 28 meatballs, placing them onto one of the baking sheets.
- Cut off the cauliflowers’ leaves and place them on the other baking sheet. Trim the bases of the cauliflowers and cut 2 steaks 2cm thick from the centre of each. Place the steaks on the baking sheet with the leaves. Drizzle over the oil, sprinkle with aleppo pepper or chilli flakes and season.
- Place the two baking trays into the oven and bake for 10 mins. Remove the leaves and keep to one side. Bake the rest for another 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, make a purée by roughly chopping the remaining cauli offcuts (this should be around 500g) and place in a large saucepan with the butter, milk, bay leaves and seasoning. Put on a low heat and simmer for 20 mins (or until the cauliflower is very tender), then blitz with a stick blender and keep warm.
- Steam the green beans for 5 mins until al dente.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the purée on each plate, top with a cauliflower steak, the meatballs, some more purée, the roasted leaves and the green beans alongside.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, parsley leaves and a twist of black pepper.
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at ocado.com