He’s a Michelin-starred chef with 14 restaurants in London and Asia and he’ll be cooking dinner for 12 in the home of one lucky Ocado customer. We chatted to Jason Atherton about food trends, the London restaurant scene and throwing the perfect dinner party.
In our latest wine sale you Buy 6 Save 1/3 – that’s a lot of scope for trying new things, so here’s my pick of the top ten bottles. It ends Sunday, so no stalling!
Oxford Landing Rosé – Fresh and fragrant off-dry rosé. Easy to match – if the food is pink, it’s perfect.
Yalumba Organic Viognier – Lovely aromatic, medium-bodied wine ideal for those fuller-flavoured chicken and fish dishes, and good with meat too if you prefer a white wine.
When the living gets easy, why worry about which wine to choose? Knowing your grapes means you can relax and enjoy the moment. Wine expert Zeren Wilson gives us his hot tips for summer tipples.
Summer drinking delivers a simpler kind of pleasure. When sunshine glints off a chilled glass of Provençal rosé, everything seems alright with the world. Less complex wines with the sole purpose of thirst quenching come into their own. Continue reading
High summer means late nights and long, lazy meals with your friends. This time of year, food should be simple and above all, quick to prepare. Who wants to waste a minute of sunshine in the kitchen? So here’s my perfect throw-together cheeseboard – enjoy at your own leisurely pace.
Win a slice of SW19 hospitality with Jacob’s Creek, the official wine of Wimbledon.
They’re giving away seven luxury hampers filled with wine and delicious Wimbledon treats, so get on Twitter to win yours.
All you have to do is: Continue reading
Introducing our new wine buyer, Julian. In his first blog post, he tells us all about your new favourite wine (trust us) – why you’ll love it and what to pair with it.
Spring has arrived and it will be a sunny Easter (I promise) so time for barbecues, picnics and Alfresco dining.
Today I have a perfect picnic white wine offer for you. Calvet’s Picpoul De Pinet 2012 normally £11.99 now only £5.99 (Half Price) while stocks last.
We ran this offer earlier in the year and it proved very popular, so to help make way for the 2013 vintage (coming soon) we thought this was an ideal time to repeat the deal. But hurry as stocks are limited! Continue reading
The 10 winners will each be sent a luxury Mother’s Day hamper worth £250. And in no particular order, those winners are…
We’re all super excited about new wine brand Stellar; an organic South African import that tastes ‘damn good’, in the words of our Wine Buyer!
Want to know more? Just read our Q and A with wine maker Klass Coetzee.
A Many things, but I’ll just mention the top three:
1. They’re fully organic, certified to EU standards as well as fair trade certified by IMO Fair for Life, so everyone in the production and distribution chain gets a fair deal.
2. The grapes are grown in a very special part of South Africa called Namaqualand. It’s a semi-arid region, and the vineyards are planted along the Olifants River, with most of the white grapes being grown close to its mouth. These cool climate vineyards are rapidly gaining a reputation for producing some of South Africa’s finest white wines.
3. We produce the largest range and volume of wines made without added sulphur anywhere in the wine-producing world. Continue reading
March 30th is Mother’s Day and I’m here to give you the chance to win your Mum a very special hamper.
Our friends at Jacob’s Creek Cool Harvest have generously given us ten luxurious hampers to give away. Each hamper is packed with a bottle of Cool Harvest Pinot Grigio, Elemis beauty products, champagne, chocolates and lots more. Continue reading
Ever heard about popping a silver spoon in the neck of your bubbly bottle to keep it sparkling? Well, apparently it’s utter codswallop! Luckily I have the answer…
That’s right – it’s time for another Ocado fan freebie. We’ve got 3,000 cava stoppers to give away from the generous folks at Freixenet.
These ingenious little devices are designed to keep the fizz in properly. So, add one to your next shop, check out using the voucher code below, and sparkle all season.
To claim your free Freixenet cava stopper, simply follow these steps:
1. Place an order for at least £40.
2. Add one Freixenet cava stopper to your order and add the voucher code VOU5088713 as you check out (cannot be used with any other voucher).
3. We’ll deduct the cost of the product for the first 3,000 people to enter this code and check out for deliveries between 12/12/2013 and the last available delivery slot on Sunday 29/12/2013.
For full Terms and Conditions visit ocado.com.
Naomi Bullivant, PR and Social Media Executive