Whole BBQ Cauliflower with a Smoky Spice Rub
Cauliflower is great at taking on all the delicious spicy, smoky flavours from the barbecue.
Serves 6 Total Time 35 mins
Get the ingredients here.
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, leaves finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
For the cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
1. Start by mixing the dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste and pop in the fridge until needed.
2. Remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower. Trim the stalk with a knife – you want to level it off so the cauliflower will sit flat.
3. In another small bowl, mix the oil, oregano, smoked salt, pepper, chilli powder and lemon zest to make the rub. Then, use your hands to rub it all over the cauliflower.
4. Put the cauliflower onto the BBQ, over indirect heat, and put the lid on. Bake it on the BBQ for 30 mins – make sure your coals are nice and hot and try not to peep at it or the heat will escape.
5. After 30 mins, move the cauliflower over to the direct heat and cook for another 10-20 mins, turning to make sure it’s lightly charred all over and the cauliflower has softened but still has a good amount of crunch in the middle.
6. Remove and carve into wedges, to dip and dunk in the yoghurt sauce.