Warm wild rice salad with camembert and roasted vegetables
For a healthy and colourful mix of veg and grains, this wild rice salad comes with all the zing of Dijon mustard and the sweetness of honey all in one. It’s delicious on its own or with slices of chicken breast for added protein.
Serves 4 Total Time 55 mins
- 250g wild red rice
- 300g baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 4 beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 110g baby leaf salad
- 250g camembert, sliced for the dressing
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 15g bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Rinse the rice three times in cold water. Cover the rice with double its volume of water in a saucepan, add a large pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, then drain any remaining water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, scatter the carrots and beetroot wedges across a baking tray.
- Drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil, season and place in the oven for 30–35 minutes, making sure to give them a good shake after 15 minutes.
- While the rice and vegetables are cooking, mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine the rice and vegetables with most of the dressing. Then scatter in the salad leaves and camembert. Drizzle the remaining dressing over to serve.