Vegan Miso-glazed Aubergines with Spicy Chickpeas
Aubergine halved and doused in a miso-turmeric glaze, then topped with wicked spicy chickpeas and salted nuts… this one’s on fire and we love to feel the burn!
Serves 2 Total Time 40 mins
- 2 aubergines, sliced in half and scored
- 100g fresh chickpeas, cooked
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch coarse salt
- 50g candied or salted nuts
- 50g green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp chili peppers, sliced wicked thin
For the glaze
- 120ml sake
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lemongrass, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
- Score aubergines across the surface in both directions.
- Blend glaze ingredients together until smooth. Apply glaze to aubergines, making sure it gets in between the cracks of the score lines and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss the chickpeas in the chilli and paprika, and top the aubergine. Add a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, basting with the glaze halfway through cooking time and again once they come out of the oven.
- Top with the chopped nuts, green onions and chilli peppers. Serve immediately.