Vegan Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Serve up a dinner time favourite with this creamy tofu-based vegan mac and cheese, scattered with cheesy, garlic breadcrumbs for a crunchy topping.
Serves 3-4 Total Time 45 mins
- 1 pack Organic Tofu Block
- 300g dried macaroni
- 100g vegan cheddar, grated
- 100g vegan mozzarella, grated
- 300ml dairy-free milk
- 35g nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 30g breadcrumbs
- 10g vegan parmesan, grated
- 1tsp garlic granules
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4.
- Cook the macaroni for 2 mins less than according to packet instructions in a large pan of boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce, put the Cauldron Organic Tofu Block into a blender and pulse until fine. Add the vegan cheddar, vegan mozzarella, dairy-free milk, nutritional yeast flakes, mustard powder, salt and black pepper and blend until smooth.
- Combine the cheese sauce mixture with the macaroni and transfer to an oven-proof baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, vegan parmesan, garlic and thyme together and sprinkle over the dish. Transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.