Ultimate Double Beef Burger Stack Recipe
It’s up to you whether you cook this burger on a barbecue or on the hob; it’ll taste great either way.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 8 quarter pounder beef burgers
- 8 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns, sliced open
- 4 tsp tomato ketchup
- 8 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 16 sliced pickles (we used Dino’s Famous Sweet Stacker Pickles)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tsp american mustard
- Prepare the barbecue for cooking. When the flames have died down to hot embers, put a cast-iron or barbecue-safe frying pan over the direct heat. Add the oil and onions and fry for 10 mins, stirring often, until golden. Alternatively, use a regular frying pan on the hob inside. Remove from the direct heat but keep warm.
- Place the beef burgers on the barbecue over the direct heat and cook for 4 mins on each side for medium patties (leave on for longer if you prefer a well-done burger). Add a slice of cheese to each, pop the lid of the barbecue on and cook for 30 secs to melt the cheese. Remove to a plate to rest.
- Place the buns cut-side down on the barbecue to lightly toast – this should only take a matter of seconds.
- To assemble each burger, spread 1 tsp ketchup on the bottom half of the bun, add a lettuce leaf, then two slices of pickle and a burger patty. Next add some fried onions, a second burger patty, two more slices of pickle, a second lettuce leaf, some tomato slices, 1 tsp mustard and finally the top of the bun.
And to drink…
The ultimate barbecue companion, bursting with refreshing, tropical fruit notes and a balanced hop finish.
Hungry for more? Check out more delicious burger recipes here.