MOB’s Tikka Salmon & Broccoli Traybake Recipe
Try this spiced salmon recipe and rest assured it’ll make a comeback in your kitchen soon. You can grill the salmon first for a bit of colour on top, or you can just bake it in the oven for an extra two mins.
Serves 4 Total Time 1hr 10 mins
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 120g natural yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2cm knob of ginger
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 4 fillets of salmon
- 800g Charlotte potatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- Handful of coriander
- Vegetable oil
- Heat your oven to 190°C/374°F. Toast the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds with your cardamom pods in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2 mins until fragrant.
- Pour your spices into a pestle and mortar and crush them into a fine powder, discarding the shells of the cardamom pod.
- Pop 100g of your yogurt into a large bowl and grate in garlic and ginger. Add all but 1 tbsp of your toasted spice mix, along with 1 tsp of your chilli powder, turmeric and tomato purée. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt, then mix. Pop your salmon into the bowl and toss to coat. Leave to marinade for at least 30 mins, preferably a couple of hours.
- Meanwhile, half your potatoes. Drizzle with vegetable oil, plus your remaining toasted spice mix, chilli powder and a large pinch of salt.
- Place in the oven to roast for 25 mins, tossing every now and then so they cook evenly. Pop your spring onions and tomatoes into the potato tray along with your broccoli. Toss so they are coated in the oil and spices, then roast for 15 mins more.
- Place your salmon fillets on top of the traybake. Bake for 5 mins.
- Heat your grill to a high heat. Pop your traybake under the grill and cook for 2 mins until the top of the salmon is starting to char.
- Mix your remaining yogurt with the juice of your lime. Roughly chop your coriander and slice your red chilli. Drizzle your traybake with your lime yogurt, coriander, and chopped chillies. Serve.
Check out our MOB recipe collection, for more deliciousness.