The Ultimate Brunch Sandwich
This sandwich is made with Brindisa cooking chorizo, which comes in mild or spicy varietes, so you can choose how hot to have it.
Serves 2 Total Time 20 mins
- 2 cooking chorizo sausages, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and stoned
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices seeded sourdough loaf
- handful rocket leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium temperature and lay the chorizo on a baking sheet, with the inside of the meat facing up.
- Grill for 6–8 mins, turning halfway, until cooked through and slightly charred. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and, using a fork, roughly mash it with half the lime juice and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 a tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan over a low-medium heat. Stir in the onions and season.
- Cook for 5 mins, until the onions have softened a little but still retain some bite. Tip the onions into a small bowl and stir through the remaining lime juice.
- Return the frying pan to the heat, turning the temperature up high. Add the remaining 1/2 a tablespoon of oil and, once hot, crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 2 mins, or until the whites are set but the yolks remain runny.
- To assemble, spread 2 pieces of bread with the mashed avocado. Top with some rocket, then the chorizo, fried eggs and onions.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top, cut in half, and eat straight away.