Tempura battered fish Recipe
Learn how to master the king of the fakeaways with this easy-to-follow and seriously tasty tempura-battered fish.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins
- 100g plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 10g baking powder
- iced soda water or sparkling water
- 250g uncooked peeled prawns
- 2 fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces (halibut, haddock and sea bass all work well)
- sliced vegetables (try courgette or pepper)
- soy sauce, for dipping
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Then, add the iced water gradually until the batter is the right consistency to coat your finger.
- Gently stir the mixture for a few seconds but don’t overdo it. (It doesn’t matter if the batter is still a bit lumpy).
- Dip the fish, prawns and veg into the batter, shake off the excess and deep-fry in hot oil in batches for 2-3 mins until crisp and golden. Drain well and serve with a dipping sauce (we used soy sauce).
Hungry for more fish recipes? Check out these easy and delicious salmon dishes.