TASTEMADE’S WINTER WARMERS
Chilly evenings and dark nights are made for indulgent comforting family favourites. That’s why we asked our friends at Tastemade to share their favourite family friendly winter warming recipes that are easy to make.
Fancy Hot Dogs
Makes 6 Total Time 45 mins.
- 6x M&S ‘Posh Dog’ Sausages
- 6x M&S Brioche buns
- 6x slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 jalapenos, sliced
- 50g crispy fried onions
- 10g chives
- 1 red onion
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- French’s classic mustard
- Tomato Ketchup
- Firstly, prepare the quick pickled onions.
- In a large bowl mix together the vinegar, sugar and salt
- Place the finely sliced onion into a sieve over the sink and boil the kettle.
- Pour the boiled water over the onions to soften.
- Transfer them into the bowl with the pickling liquid.
- Mix them well to combine and then set aside to use later.
- Preheat the grill.
- Heat a griddle pan to high and griddle the sausages until they are cooked through.
9. Remove the sausages from the pan and place onto a baking tray.
10.Lay a slice of the Monterey Jack cheese over each sausage grill.
11. Remove from the grill when the cheese has melted.
12. Assemble the hot dogs.
13. Slice the buns lengthways to open them up.
14. Place a cheese covered sausage into each bun.
15. Then top with some tomato ketchup and mustard in a zigzag pattern.
16. Finally add some pickled red onions, crispy fried onions, sliced jalapenos and a sprinkling of finely chopped chives.
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Nothing says family fun like chocolate dipped marshmallows. These wonderful-for-winter creations are seriously scrummy and ready in just 15 mins.
Makes 12 Total Time 15 mins + cooling.
- 12 large white marshmallows
- 12 lollipop sticks/ kebab skewers
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g freeze dried raspberries
- 50g white chocolate sprinkle balls
- In a heatproof bowl add the broken chocolate pieces.
- Using a bain marie or a microwave, melt the chocolate and allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully skewer each marshmallow with a lollipop stick so they sit on the end.
- Dunk each marshmallow into the melted chocolate so the top half is submerged.
- Allow the excess to drip off and then, over a bowl, sprinkle either the freeze-dried raspberries or white chocolate balls so they stick to the chocolate.
6.Set the marshmallows onto a lined baking tray and allow them to set.
7.Repeat this with all 12 marshmallows
8. Serve the dipped marshmallows alongside a warming hot chocolate.
On-the-go Hot Chocolate
Perfect for walks in the woods or on the sidelines cheering on your local football team, this hot chocolate is best enjoyed whilst wearing gloves and a wooly hat.
- 600ml whole milk
- 100g milk chocolate, finely chopped
Serves 4 Total Time 10 mins.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and gently heat.
- Next add the chopped chocolate and whisk until fully melted and incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and carefully pour into a thermos.