Tastemade’s brilliant stuffing recipe
Just as we’re thinking about our Christmas menus, Tastemade brings us this seriously tasty stuffing recipe. Save on kitchen space (and Christmas day stress) and make these stuffing balls in advance – simply store them in the fridge for a few hours ahead of cooking.
Makes 20 Total Time 1 hr
- 30g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 bramley apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 450g sausage meat
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 75g dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 packets Ocado Italian prosciutto crudo
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºCfan/gas mark 6 and line two baking trays.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, then gently fry the shallots with a pinch of salt for 6–8 mins – until softened.
- Add the apple and sage and fry for a further 2 mins. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, dried cranberries and egg.
- Stir in the onion mixture thoroughly. Use wet hands to roll the mixture into ovals and place them on the baking trays.
- Fold each slice of pancetta in half lengthways, then wrap each strip around the middle of the stuffing, placing it seam side down.
- Place in tupperware and store in the fridge ahead of cooking.
- Brush the sage leaves with a little olive oil and place a leaf on each roll of stuffing.
- Bake for 25–30 mins, until the stuffing is golden and the sage is crisp.
- Serve alongside crisp roast potatoes and brussels sprouts for side dish deliciousness.