Super bowl: Tastemade chilli bowl recipe
Prepare to be bowled over by our latest Tastemade recipe. This seriously tasty dish is super simple to make and is guaranteed to be a long-term family favourite.
Serves 4 Total Time 45 mins
Get the ingredients here
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced (red or white)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet potato (approx 100g), peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 1 packet M&S Plant Kitchen No Meat Mince
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1-2 tsp M&S hot chipotle chilli paste (as per your heat level)
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 5 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 can (approx 125g) sweetcorn, drained
- 1/2 can (approx 125g) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- 400g white boule
- Handful (approx 30-40 g) grated M&S mild cheddar cheese
- Handful of parsley, chopped
For the chilli seasoning:
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp onion granules
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
To serve (all optional):
- Avocado, diced
- Sour cream
- Spring onion, finely diced
- Red chilli, sliced
- Lime wedges
- Combine all the chilli seasoning ingredients together, mix and set aside.
- In a deep-sided frying pan or saucepan, heat up the olive oil and lightly soften the onions for around 7-10 mins on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute then add the red and green peppers and the sweet potato.
- Stir well, add a splash of water and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat slightly and cook until any remaining liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in 1 pack of the Plant Kitchen No Meat Mince and fry for 2 mins then sprinkle in the chilli seasoning, tomato puree, M&S Chipotle chilli paste, chopped tomatoes, worcestershire sauce and around 75-100ml water.
- Mix well and reduce heat to simmer, cook for 10-15 mins until the tomatoes have reduced and you have a thick sauce.
- Meanwhile, cut the top of the white boule, scoop out the inside of the bread and place in a food processor.
- Blitz to make breadcrumbs, then mix in some grated cheddar and roughly chopped parsley together ready to sprinkle on top of the finished dish.
- Back to the chilli con carne: check the seasoning, add the sweetcorn and kidney beans, cook for another few mins, then sprinkle in the coriander and stir. Transfer to the hollowed out boule.
- Top with the cheese and breadcrumb mix, pop under the grill for a few minutes until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- To serve, pick your selection of toppings, such as diced avocado, sour cream and diced tomatoes and serve.