Sprouts with Leeks, Red onion, Dill and Pancetta
With so many greens mixed into this recipe, you’ll find a cacophony of textures to navigate for a delicious journey. If you don’t fancy the pancetta, you can easily sub it out for toasted pecans for a veggie-friendly alternative.
Serves 4 Total Time 35 mins
- 2 x 77 g packs diced pancetta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into half moons and finely sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 20g dill, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Start by frying the pancetta in a pan in 1tbsp olive oil until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan, place on some kitchen paper and set aside.
- Put 1 tbsp olive oil into the same pan and fry the onion and sliced leek with a pinch of salt for 3 mins. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 secs.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss everything together, cooking over a medium heat for 3 mins to allow the sprouts to start to wilt.
- Remove from the heat and add the crispy pancetta to the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dill, 2 tbsp olive oil, vinegar and mustard, then pour this over the sprouts and give everything a good stir.