Spiced Warm Romanesco Salad with Tahini Dressing and Pomegranate
This recipe isn’t just tasty – it’s nice to look at, too. The vivid green of broccoli and cauliflower hybrid, romanesco, topped with a drizzle of tahini, is a Middle Eastern match made in heaven.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins
- 1 medium romanesco cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp baharat spice mix
- 200g couscous
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Large handful mint leaves
- Large handful parsley leaves
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Sumac to sprinkle (optional)
For the dressing:
- 120g Nush Almond Milk Yogurt
- 1½ tbsp tahini
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Steam the romanesco florets for 5–6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions until soft and slightly brown. Add the garlic and baharat spice mix to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Once the romanesco is done, add it to the onion pan, cook for another 1–2 minutes, then pour in the couscous and stock.
- Turn the heat under the pan down as low as it will go and cover with a lid. Leave to steam gently for 2–3 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto a serving plate and toss the herbs through.
- Mix the dressing ingredients, season, then drizzle over the salad and top with the pomegranate seeds and sumac.