Spiced lamb cutlets with a Jersey Royals RECIPE
Serves six people and ideal for an alfresco dinner, we think this spiced lamb cutlet with a Jersey Royal, radish and watercress salad recipe is perfect for this April. Enjoy!
Serves 6 Total Time 1 hr, plus marinating time
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic salt
- zest of 1⁄2 a lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 racks of lamb (approx. 330g each)
- 1 echalion shallot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 500-750g Jersey Royal potatoes, halved
- 300g radishes, halved
- 60g watercress
- Combine the paprika, garlic salt, lemon zest and 1tbsp olive oil and rub the mixture all over the lamb. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-4 hrs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6. Combine the sliced shallot, maple syrup and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season. Roast for 30 mins, then stir in the radishes and return to the oven. Increase the temperature to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7 and roast for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and sear the lamb for 2 mins on each side, or until golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, add the shallots and toss. Sit the lamb on top of the veg and roast for 13 mins for medium, or 16 mins for well done. Remove from the oven, transfer the lamb to a board and cover with foil to rest for 5 mins before slicing.
- Stir the watercress through the roasted veg and serve the salad warm alongside the lamb cutlets.
Cook’s tip: Roasting radishes sweetens them and mellows their pepperiness.