Spiced Fig Almond & Oat Raw Bar
The perfect lunchbox treat. You can easily substitute different dried fruit, nuts or seeds in equal portions plus little hands make light work of squishing this fudgy mix into the tin too.
Makes 16 bars Total Time 20 mins, plus 30 mins chilling time
Get the ingredients here.
- 85g flaked almonds
- 150g jumbo rolled oats
- 60g sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- 350g dried figs, stems removed (use pitted dates or prunes, if you prefer)
- 30g dried cranberries (use sour cherries, raisins or diced dried apricots, if you prefer)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, or allspice (optional)
- Line a 20cm square tin with parchment paper and set aside. If they’re old enough, you can get little ones to start by measuring out the ingredients, then tip the almonds, oats, seeds and figs into the bowl of a food processor. Grown-ups blend and pulse until the mixture has broken down into a coarse paste, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- The kids can add the remaining jewels of dried fruit, the ground spice and a pinch of salt. Roll sleeves up and get hands involved kneading the mixture together.
- Once combined, press it firmly into the lined tin so it covers the bottom. Cover and chill for 30 mins in the fridge before cutting into small bars. Stored in an airtight container these bars will keep well for up to a week.