Soy Chilli Caramel Chicken Wings
The party dish everyone will crowd around
Serves 6 Total Time 50mins.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 4 tbsp soft, light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 whole red chillies, finely chopped, plus more to serve
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 whole lemons, halved and charred to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/fan 200ºC/Gas 6. Put the chicken wings onto a shallow baking tray and bake for 20 mins.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together. After the initial cooking time pour the sauce over the wings, mixing well to coat them.
- Bake for another 15–20 mins, stirring every 5 mins during cooking to prevent the sugar burning and to coat the wings, until sticky and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and scrape any remaining glaze from the tray over the top of the wings. Leave to cool a little before digging in.
- Scatter with more chilli and squeeze over the charred lemons to serve.