Smoky Chicken Thighs with Sweetcorn Salad
Succulent chicken with a refreshing salad. The perfect weeknight no-waste recipe.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins.
- 8 free-range whole chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus 1 tbsp extra for the corn)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed (plus 1 extra for the dressing)
- Zest of a lemon, juice saved for the dressing
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 sweetcorn cobs
- 4 little gem lettuces, washed and cut lengthways into quarters
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Remove the chicken thighs from the fridge and use a sharp knife to make a couple of slits in the skin of each one. Set the grill to high.
- Mix 1 tbsp oil with the paprika, crushed garlic cloves, lemon zest and oregano – brush over the chicken. Rub a little more oil over the corn on the cobs and season.
- Place the chicken on a grill rack or large tray and grill for 10 mins, turning occasionally. Add the corn cobs to the tray and grill both for 10 mins more, turning every so often, until the chicken is crisp and cooked through and the corn is tender.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients together and season.
- Lay the little gem wedges out onto plates. Using a sharp knife, cut the corn from the cobs and sprinkle over the lettuces. Top with the chicken, pour over the dressing and scatter with the spring onion slices to serve.
Leftover tip: use any leftovers as a taco or sandwich filling. Just add sour cream or mayo.