Smoky Bacon, Maple and Avo Croissants
Bank holidays and bacon go together like regular weekends and bacon; absolutely perfectly. This reimagining of the classic bacon roll is what Bank Holiday weekends are all about.
Serves 2 Total Time 15 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 2 croissants, halved horizontally
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Heat a grill and grill the cut sides of the croissant for a min or two until golden – keep an eye on these are they catch quickly.
- Crush the avocado with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Spread this over the bottom cut side of the croissant.
- Mix the maple syrup and smoked paprika and season a little. Warm the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook the bacon on each side for a min or two until just cooked. Turn down slightly, add the maple mixture and cook for another couple of mins until the maple is sticky and the bacon well coated.
- Pop the bacon rashers over the smashed avocado, then drizzle on any extra maple glaze and top with the other half of the croissant.