Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks Recipe
When using M&S Slow-Cooked Lamb Shanks, all you have to do is set the table while your oven does the hard work.
Serves 2 Total Time 50 mins
- M&S Slow-Cooked Lamb Shanks
- 200-250g green beans
- 200g floury potatoes, roughly diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas Mark 6. Place the lamb shanks in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and cook for 40 mins – remove the foil for the last 10 mins.
- Meanwhile bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for another 20 mins, or until soft.
- Strain and return the potatoes to the pan and mash with extra virgin olive oil, adding back some of the cooking liquid or some butter to create a nice fluffy consistency.
- Season the mash and add more olive oil to taste, then put to one side.
- Next, bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the green beans for 3–4 mins in the boiling water. Drain well and season.
- Serve the beans, mash, and lamb on plates with the liquor sauce spooned over.