Shredded ham, greens and cannellini bean soup
This soup is a lovely warming way to use up any leftover gammon and it’s great for using up any greens too.
Serves 4 Total Time 15 mins
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1½ tbsp roasting herbs, (sage, thyme or rosemary), finely chopped
- 800g cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ litres chicken stock
- 200g gammon, shredded
- 150g green vegetables, (such as kale, cabbage, spring greens, spinach)
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1 heaped tbsp parmesan
- Put the onion in a large saucepan over a medium heat with a drizzle of oil, until soft and slightly golden.
- Add the garlic and herbs. Season and add in one tin of beans. Mash slightly and add in the other tin and the stock. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the ham and greens and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice, top with parmesan and serve.