Seaweed Japanese Hotdog
Gourmet hotdogs with Japanese toppings are one of the current street-food trends
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 10 mins
Add all ingredients here.
• 4 sausages
• 4 hot dog buns
• 1 tbsp butter
• 4 lettuce leaves
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 4 spring onions, sliced
• 1 sheet nori, shredded with scissors
• 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
For the teriyaki sauce
• 3 tbsp soy sauce
• 3 tbsp mirin
• 3 tbsp sake
• 3/4tbsp sugar
1. Bring the teriyaki ingredients to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Pan fry the sausages over a medium heat for about 8 mins until cooked through, shaking the pan to brown them evenly.
3. While the sausages cook, warm the buns in the oven.
4. When ready, slit the buns, spread a little butter inside, add the lettuce and sausage, then drizzle the teriyaki sauce on. Squeeze the mayo over the top in a zigzag pattern, then sprinkle with spring onion, sesame seeds and nori.