Sausage Roll ‘Rockets’
The best part is that they’re super adaptable, even for vegan households.
Serves 6 Total Time 40 mins.
- 6 vegan or regular sausages
- 320g roll of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten (or 50ml soya milk)
- 50g sesame seeds
- 6 wooden skewers (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- Begin by frying the vegan sausages in a frying pan until golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and allow the sausages to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
- Take the sheet of puff pastry and along the short length, cut out strips 2cm thick.
- Take one of the cooled sausages and carefully skewer down the length of the sausage through the middle, leaving an inch at the top of the skewer.
- Using a strip of pastry, wrap the sausage in a spiral, tucking the ends underneath and place onto a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining sausages.
- Brush them with the beaten egg (or soya milk) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake the pastry sausages for 8 mins until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and then again into quarters. Carefully cut out triangle shapes for the top of the rockets.
- Skewer the pepper triangles on top of each sausage to form the rocket. Serve alongside tomato ketchup dip.